Hearty Happy Birthday, Chief M. Ade-Ojo

Not being in my circle, I could not imagine his sort

Till I sat to breakfast at his table him at the head

I pictured his reception of a nobody that I am, no good

Much as I tried, I could not as my heart was stuck in

Thoughts of balancing the rich, their ill-manners to the poor

 

But factuality reigns at such time and clime,

When reality compliments or trumps preconception

To smithereens for the deeds like his accomplishments

All eyes that care can see in bricks and mortar as with

Others feeding at his tables or picking crumbs benefit.

 

As soft and relaxed as a peaceful night can be

He reigns in total control of his dwelling place

And as comfortable as, like the robed rose

The master he looked on his magnificent slab

Before a simple yet sumptuous breakfast

 

Chief Ade-Ojo is the rare raindrop among the rich

Descent bloc among polluting publicity itching others

That with the crown and bags of money majesty

Gouge with looks every poor looking soul to bare bones

And walks on their naked barks, the grandeur king

 

So, every year cat mews his anniversary day of being born

I pray this poem to be cast in stone as befitting to a remarkable man

Praying that he continues to enjoy the good Lord’s wealth of health

Pray, his remaining days the good Lord fills with lots of love

Above all things, pray He gifts him his birthday’s heart desires.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

WHY WOMEN WON'T GO TO HEAVEN