Joy Of Being At Peace

To the curve and home stretch we turned

As with my son we walk, leisurely, our streets 

So too, the long day wane, coming on twilight 

And the sun move to rest behind the surrounding hills 


My son, our walks; two discerning pleasure I cherish 

With he, the harbinger of my tomorrow 

The bountiful seed that brought my joy towering 

At birth and like a shining star has made my time honoured 


My days with toils, wish and want was tough and rough 

But where though the blistering sun sap my sweat 

And all around me the tide of toils and fruitless tolls 

Among that rough and rumbles, I found him 


For thriftily and lonely was all I knew 

Masked by frivolous youthful exorbitance 

But came then the hours of boundless ethereal throes and happiness 

To which I was invited and forever stayed tempered by motherly heroism 


And to the avowed binding decision not to fail 

Has come to be my commitment to this uncommonly delightful walks 

And since much have I known of humanity's know-how 

Be there his quarry to all other of his inquiration 


He is my restroom from travel and travails 

A reason on life to rejoice in glory 

To him, Osea Ozique, my loin, I punch this; engrave 

And to my grave prepared, as I sing the sweet; alleluia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

WHY WOMEN WON'T GO TO HEAVEN