STILL UP, STILL HERE; UPDATING.

In the quiet of yesternight, I penned my farewell,

A whispered epitaph, my phone and I inked with care,

And the reactions was outpouring love that went overdrive in swell:

Swiftly were drums full of water poured, to quench my tender flare.

“Godforbids” echoed, as if all have some sacred vows;

Some contractual whispers by the celestial to their ears that I know not of,

So, given another night, I remain here as unwritten fate allows,

To taste life’s flavours; the inconveniencing aches, family joys and your love.

Thank you all, dear friends and family, for your warm embrace,

For wanting me still, though not knowing how near or far my time draws,

The Writer within me knows the final trace is inevitable,

And I am prepared for the 'whatever,' without fear.

And do please, hold my wishes close, let no tear pop or fall,

Otherwise, ghostly unrelenting whispers shall haunt, any and all who defy me!!
Love Always. Segun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

WHY WOMEN WON'T GO TO HEAVEN