AIMING MY TRIBE NEVER BE

 Many years I have come through, weathered

Raged and weary but dogged and determined

To move beyond societal destined prescription

Through restricting beggars principles to abide


I made my bones; draw boundaries of my own

From which I have endeavoured not to strain

Even as the bands I made of my friends have

I refused partaking as sheep won’t with wolfs


When I look behind counting lines I crossed

Seeing what obstacles I have strivingly devilled

Knowing this short journey called life is a raffle

Pressed I must to gather strength to do the bits


What burning the fire in me can consume such

That my demise would have not mine foraging

His mates garbage pails to make decent living

Plenty of which I have, do and would see as be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

WHY WOMEN WON'T GO TO HEAVEN