Indulgence

My life is of burdensomely drudgery


I need an adventure, something exciting

To take my mind away from my dreary scribbling

What shall I do? Something off the cuff



Then, there before me was this vast, dark and mysterious bounty

Beautiful, luscious, inviting, irresistible, I was salivating

Count down to a thousand, reason, my sixth sense cautioned

But you are a man, my indulgent sense exploded

Made of flesh of ego, supremely created

With foresight to pregnant tomorrow

Laden with the hope of today

The pre-eminent over lives on earth and beneath

Licensed to pursue glories with furiosity

Commander of waking interspaced with sleep

Captain of ancestors, kindred and races

To whom every space and head curtsy

To whom, of whom which, what, why

Shall there be that, which the man can’t have?

What then is the joy of living?

If restrain or fear dictates the joy of existence

In this space age and time

Of competition, expeditions and adventurism

With chariot of live so bountifully laden



But if by deeds we realise, sixth sense through inner life intercepts

That the flesh, blood and bones of being

Is but just a chariot delicately balanced on two unstable pods

Skeleton enveloped in delicate film, perishable

Tugged and pulled by unreasonable ego

But surviving on tools of caution and reasons



But who wants to live forever

The indulgent implored

Only through the excitement, exhilaration

The light and inner spark

The quest, the dare, the drive

Can the ego live its prime?

Any other, is nothing, but dull, dull, dull



The answer was thus laid bare

I was born to win, to dare

Delightful characteristics veiled by caution

But now, touched by the Midas, the spark of life

Must, I shall exercise this freewill



Mechanically, my legs began to move

But every step accompanied by groans

Of death beats, tree cords and wine

Suddenly, there was a rustling somewhere

That made the aromatic death-damp dry up

With fear of uncertainty gripping my belle pit

I am a man after all, fallible

Too late to reason, dear, sixth sensed admonished

Nobody lives forever, indulgence responded

I want to live for a time, I thought

No one time runs forever, was the retort

The movement of sweat was felt

Trickling down my armpit and back

Then came tightness in my chest

I heard, rather than saw the vulture hovering

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

SCAVENGERS’ ORGY By OZIOMA IZUORA : EXPOSING THE CRAVINGS OF MEN AND THEIR FANTASIES