TO THE DOGS I GO ONCE AGAIN

I looked hopefully to the wise for answers


To quench my taste and hunger

For knowledge, insight and direction



But the wise, elected and selected

Spent their time running helter and skelter

In food, wine, gold, and silver pursuit



Churches opened their doors offering succour

Making promises of paradise lost to gain

And like the desperado I was, I’m lured in, jubilantly expectant



But promises of come with nothing

Became punctuated with the compulsion of

Offerings, ten percentages and of a life no longer mine



Mortally; strained, resistant and estranged

I was accused of non conformity, undedicated,

Faithless...dialectical and worldly

Dragged I soon was before the altar

To answer to his most rostrum high, Pontius Pilate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZACK'S STORY

TENANTS OF THE HOUSE

SCAVENGERS’ ORGY By OZIOMA IZUORA : EXPOSING THE CRAVINGS OF MEN AND THEIR FANTASIES